Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.” (Quran 2:156)
Did you know?
• Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) urged us, Muslims, to bury our dead as soon as possible. Muslims around the world follow this Sunnah (teaching and practice).
• For many Muslims on Chicago’s South Side, it has been challenging to observe this tradition of Janazah and burial due to economic hardship.
• We have witnessed heart-breaking situations where it took more than two weeks to raise funds to bury a brother in our poor community.
When one among you dies, do not keep him in the house for long. Make haste in taking him to the grave and burying him.”
– Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Relieve the Burden of Deserving Muslim Families
Masjid Al Farooq created a Sadaqa Janazah (Burial Fund) to provide financial assistance to our brothers and sisters for Islamic burials.
The total cost of an Islamic burial is $3,200. It covers:
- Removal of the body
- Transport to a Muslim funeral home
- Washing and shrouding of the body
- Transport to Masjid Al Farooq for Salat Al-Janazah
- Purchase of the burial plot
- Transport to the cemetery
- Filing the death certificate
Countless poor families and new Muslims in our community benefit from this fund.
Your generous donation will remove the financial burden of a Muslim family in the most difficult time of their lives.
Help us bury our sisters and brothers with dignity and donate now.